Use of information
1. UniAccess collects health evidence from you to be used for the following purposes:
a) to assess your eligibility for accommodations and services.
b) to create and implement an Access Plan in line with the Disability Discrimination Act (1992) and the Disability Standards for Education (2005). Please note that your Access Plan may be exchanged between relevant areas of UWA, however your health information will not be released without your consent.
c) for planning, quality improvement and service review activities.
d) to support funding purposes (using student ID only); and statistical reporting (using de-identified information) to the Australian Government, as part of the University’s obligations under the Higher Education Support Act (2003).
Disclosure of information
2. Registering with UniAccess is not recorded on your Academic Transcript.
3. Your information may be disclosed where there may be a risk to self or others.
4. Your information will not be disclosed further unless a) you have provided consent; b) to check the integrity of your health documentation; or c) the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Protecting your information
5. UniAccess protects client personal and health information. Your information will be collected and stored within our Access database. Data held in Access is protected and it is retained in line with the University’s Information Retention Policy.
6. You can access your information directly via your Access student portal. Otherwise, you can request access to information held about you, by contacting UniAccess.
7. If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy and how this relates to service provided by UniAccess, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our callback number on (08) 6488 4630.
For further information on Privacy at UWA please visit https://www.web.uwa.edu.au/privacy